Moira Matters is moderated by Social Pinpoint and its agents. By moderating the site, we aim to create a productive, positive and respectful space where people can make contributions without being intimidated or insulted.
All Content is screened by our site moderators either (i) prior to any Content being posted to the Service or; (ii) immediately after any Content is posted.
In the first instance, this may mean your Content may not appear straight away, until the moderators have reviewed and approved it. We also reserve the right to edit or remove any Content in our sole discretion after the Content has been posted to the Site.
Participation in Moira Matters is an opportunity for you to make constructive contributions to assist Council with best serving the needs of the community in its projects.
In using this site, we request that you abide by the following community guidelines:
- Please don’t be rude or dismissive about other people's comments. Respect the views of other people, even if they are different than your own. Keep comments focused on the issue or topic rather than engaging in personal attacks.
- Please be thoughtful and kind in your responses. It is okay to disagree with a comment, but do it in a way that is respectful and explain why you disagree.
- Please ensure you are informed before participating. It is a good idea to read through the content of the site and other comments before giving feedback. You may even want to do your own research. This will help create a healthy and robust debate.
Participation in Moira Matters is not an opportunity to voice your gripes about Council, Council staff or Administrators or other things not-related to the project. Offensive, discriminatory or defamatory comments in using the forum are also unacceptable.
All comments posted through Moira Matters may be subject to partial or full editing by the forum moderators prior to approval, or may be refused for posting, if they include any of the following:
- Comments that can be considered a personal attack on a participant or Moira Shire Council staff or Administrators.
- Personal information about any other participant or Moira Shire Council staff or Administrator such as their real name (if not already provided in this site), address, or employer.
- Offensive language, including profanity or comments that are considered defamatory to a person's character.
- Comments that are discriminatory of people's gender, race, religion, culture, sexual preference, appearance or background.
- Links to any advertising, illicit or otherwise illegal material.
- Spam comments and multiple posting. Once you have made your point, there is no reason to re-post your comment.
Should your comment be edited or refused, we may send you an email identifying the comment and the reason for its modification and/or refusal.
Persistent breaking of these rules may result in the suspension or deletion of a user’s account.